Overlooking the River Allen and Truro Cathedral; The Barley Sheaf is one of Truro's oldest pubs, originally established in 1819. The building has always been an Inn, with rooms upstairs for guests; but its reputation grew with the locals as a music hotspot. We offer 8 en suite rooms which are based upstairs right above the pub. Ideal for business or leisure trip. Please note as mentioned above we are very popular as a music hot spot with music events running from Thursday to Saturday. Karaoke Thursday night, 80's-90's disco Friday night & Live music on Saturday's. So not only a great location but also free entertainment.
Not long not till we can open our doors to you lovely people. So here's a few things to manage your expectations and allow you to have the best possible experience in these uncertain times:
• We will be open from 12:00 until 23:00 on both Saturday and Sunday.
• With uncertain weather reports the rear decking area will remain closed, including for access. So you must enter and leave through the front door only please.
• Government guidelines state that you can meet in groups of up to 6 people from 2 different households and we are sure you will socialise within this criteria. We will only accept groups of up to 6 people.
• You can book a table in advance simply by messaging us here and we will reply with confirmation. To book we will need to know the number of people in your party and what time you intend to come and see us.
• You will be asked to fill in some basic personal details when ordering in line with government Track and Trace requirements.
• Groups will only be able to stay a maximum of 4 hours per visit, allowing others to book the same tables for later in the day. This also helps us adhere to responsible drinking guidlines.
• Please wherever possible pay using a contactless method.
•For now, no dogs will be allowed with the exception of guide dogs.
• Sanitiser will be available throughout the venue.
• The beer will be cold and quench that thirst those tin cans could not
• The sport is back and we cant wait to 'debate' the games with you
Most of all we want everyone to take care and be safe so we can all enjoy the place we love.